- Appointments are available. For loan requests or to open a new account, you may prefer to meet in person. Please call to schedule an appointment. Masks will be required and we ask that appointments be rescheduled if you have any COVID-related symptoms.
- We are still here to serve you. For immediate assistance, visit the drive-thru, send us a message through the mobile app or eBanking, or call us at 574-722-6261
- Stay up do date on the latest info from us. 2020 has been unpredictable, and we must sometimes make immediate changes for the health of our staff and customers. Visit secfedbank.com/coronavirus for the latest info, or follow us on social media where we'll post any new information.
We encourage you to take advantage of our options below as a precaution.
- Mobile App
- Security Express Telephone Banking
- Allpoint Network of ATMs
- Call a Branch
- Drive-thru banking
The following safety measures will be in place for those who set up an in-person loan or account meeting:
- Masks may be worn by employees when meeting with customers.
- Customers who visit a branch wearing a mask will be asked to verify their identity prior to entering the building.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we navigate through this difficult time. We are monitoring the events of the COVID-19 pandemic closely. If the number of new COVID cases begins to escalate in the Delphi, Lafayette, or Kokomo market areas precautionary measures will be put in place to limit the risk of exposure.
We are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and have taken internal precautions to keep our staff healthy & our customers protected. We have increased the cleaning regimen for frequently touched surfaces such as teller windows, check cashing areas, and door handles. You may witness staff wearing protective gloves as they conduct transactions. Please understand this is for the health benefit of all involved.
Further, we are staying abreast of new developments and continually updating our Pandemic Response Plan as part of the Bank's Business Continuity Plan.
Please use the tips below to help keep yourself protected.
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
Stay at least three feet away from someone coughing or sneezing
Avoid touching your face
Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough
Seek medical care if you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing
Limit your exposure to the public if possible
Thank you for understanding the precautions we are taking. Your safety is our primary concern and we will work together to get through this unsettling period.
Thank you for choosing Security Federal for your banking needs. We appreciate you!
President and CEO
Security Federal Savings Bank