It may be the start of the Holiday Season but don’t think that means the bad guys are on vacation! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the busiest online shopping days and the bad guys are out to get rich with your money. After all, ‘tis the season for scams and phishing.
So how do I stay safe this holiday season?
- Always type in the address or use bookmarks to navigate to your favorite shopping sites.
- Never click on links in emails with special offers.
- Watch out for alerts via email or texts from FedEx, UPS, or the US mail asking for personal information.
- Don’t download fake mobile apps that promise big savings.
- Be wary of online discount coupons. Remember to only use credit cards online, never debit cards.
If you think you might have been scammed, stay calm and call your credit card company immediately. Ask them to cancel your card and mail you a new one.
Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
The KnowBe4 Security Team